Sunday, December 5, 2021
spot_img
HomeNewsMiscPet dog saved from Peckham flat fire that claimed life of a...

Pet dog saved from Peckham flat fire that claimed life of a tortoise

A lucky pooch was rescued by firefighters on Tuesday after a fire erupted at a flat in Peckham.

Tragically, the London Fire Brigade were unable to save a little tortoise, which lost its life in the blaze in Nunhead Crescent, off Peckham Rye.

The Brigade was called at 5.34pm while the owner was out, and the fire was under control at 6.34pm.

Fire crews from New Cross, Old Kent Road and Greenwich attended.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental, due to a faulty heat lamp.

There were no smoke alarms fitted in the property, and the Brigade was alerted to the fire by a neighbour.

A spokesperson for the Brigade said: “Everyone should have at least one smoke alarm on every level of your home and the safest option is to have those linked together.

“This will give the earliest warning if there is a fire in your home.”

 

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular

Recent Comments

Michael Peacock on The King of Nunhead
EricEatsPickles on Letters to the editor: 09/11/17
Bermonds03 on Rye Station
WesternApproaches on When The Blitz came to Southwark
WesternApproaches on When The Blitz came to Southwark
WesternApproaches on When The Blitz came to Southwark
Peter Bavington on Letters to the editor: 08/12/16
Darren McCreery on Letters: 25/05/16
Paula Griffin on Letters: 25/05/16
Catherine Stephens on COLUMN: Harriet Harman MP
Terrie Walker Amor on £5k raised for brave Southwark kids
Francis Githaiga on GALLERY: Walworth’s Got Talent!
Charlotté India Péto on TOMMY BLACKMORE: Photos and tributes
Jemma Louise Dwyer on Competition: WIN a bike worth £500!
SAMANTHA JANE HATTON on Tributes pour in for Barry Albin-Dyer
102Me39 on