Harris Academy Peckham is celebrating a strong set of GCSE results – with science in particular ‘flourishing’ at the school.
Executive Principal, Rebecca Hickey, said three quarters of students received at least a Grade 4 in English, with two thirds achieving the same in Maths.
Every chemistry and physics student, and 93 per cent of biologists, gained at least a Grade 5 – considered a strong pass.
Forty per cent of physics students and a third of chemistry students got Grade 7 or higher – equivalent to at least an A.
In languages, a fifth of Spanish students got Grade 9s, and 38 per cent of French received a minimum of Grade 7.
Ms Hickey said: “I am incredibly proud of our outgoing Year 11.
“They have been a pleasure and a privilege to teach it is incredibly rewarding to see them open the door to A Levels and the next stages of their lives.
“We are hugely fortunate to have an amazing team of teachers and support staff. I am so pleased that their hard work has paid off.”
Star performers highlighted were:
- Umer Raja: Grade 9s in History, Physics and English Literature
- Marina Adjei: Grade 9s in Religious Studies and Chemistry
- Jenny Hoang: Grade 9s in Art and English Language
- Saeed Hussain Khan: Grade 9 in Religious Studies
- Fahima Xasan: Grade 9 in Religious Studies